Adapted Sports Course - Coaching Disabled People
- 1 February
- £130 + booking fee
- Britannia Leisure Centre, 40 Hyde Road, Hackney, London, N1 5JU
The adapted sports coach provides individuals with practical experience in five sports (adapted and Paralympic sports) and how to modify sports sessions for each impairment group.
This course is ideal for coaches, teachers, volunteers and anyone working with disabled people who is, or would like to be able to support disabled people to take part in sport.
Different impairment groups, communication methods and terminology are explored through interactive tasks.
The course is a practical course including:
- Practical experience of Paralympic and adapted sports such Boccia, Goalball, Table Cricket, Polybat and New Age Kurlings including setting up and using the equipment, rules, game tactics and coaching scenarios.
- Principals of how to adapt and modify activities for different impairment groups with practical scenarios and tasks.
- Activity planning, introducing activities and leading sessions.
- How to prepare participants for activities, observation and feedback, reflection and evaluation of sessions.
"Absolutely amazing course - I feel so inspired to put my learning into practice!" - Zenovia - Support Worker, George Shearing Youth Centre
For more information, please visit the Disability Sport Coach website.