Adapted Sports Course - Nottingham
- 22 November
- City Campus Sports Hall, Nottingham Trent University , Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG1 4GH
This course is ideal for coaches, teachers, volunteers and anyone working with disabled people who is or would like to be able to support disabled people to take part in sport.
The course is a practical course including:
- Practical experience of Paralympic and adapted sports such Boccia, Goalball, Table Cricket, Polybat and New Age Kurlings including setting up and using the equipment, rules, game tactics and coaching scenarios
- Principals of how to adapt and modify activities for different impairment groups with practical scenarios and tasks
- Activity planning, introducing activities and leading sessions
- How to prepare participants for activities, observation and feedback, reflection and evaluation of sessions
Course takes place on Friday 22 November 2019 from 10am-3.30pm.