DSActive Leisure and Fitness workshop for PTs and fitness coaches
- 28 February
- Down's Syndrome Association , DSActive, 2a Langdon Park, Teddington, TW11 9PS
DSActive is a programme run by the Down’s Syndrome Association (DSA). They aim to provide as many opportunities as possible for people with Down’s syndrome to lead active and healthy lives.
The workshop is DSActive Leisure and Fitness workshop. The full workshop is accredited by CIMSPA. The workshop is aimed at leisure and fitness staff such as a physical trainer, duty managers, receptionists, catering managers, safeguarding managers, sports coach, membership manager, etc.
What the course delivers:
• Understanding people with Down’s syndrome
• Understanding the common Health conditions
• Explore how to use terminologies appropriately and challenging the myths
• Explore different methods of communications
• Our research and case studies
• Identify ways to remove specific barriers and suggest improvements
• Our practical element and conclusion
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the DSActive Team.
- Date - 28th Feb 2020
- Timings - 11am-2:00pm
- Cost - £30 for CIMSPA member rate, £35 for non-CIMSPA member rate
- Venue - Our HQ Offices in Teddington