Castle Leisure Centre
- 1 Bolton Street, Bury, BL9 0EZ
- 0161 253 7000
Castle Leisure Centre has been awarded “Quest”, the UK Quality Scheme for Sport and Leisure. Quest encourages continuous development and delivery through an excellent customer-focused management framework, supported by Sport England.
Castle Leisure Centre has disabled parking bays and easy access. The entrance area is fitted with a low-level reception desk with hearing loops, whilst being equipped with automatic doors and a lift to the first floor. There are showers and accessible changing facilities, with hoists available for use both in the changing area and for access into and out of the pools. There are also graduated steps into the main and learner pools.
Castle Leisure Centre offers a wide range of accessible fitness activities. Including a fitness suite with over 70 stations and free weights equipment, which are IFI (Inclusive Fitness Initiative) approved, wheelchair accessible resistance and Cardio-vascular machines.
Castle Leisure Centre provides a GP referral scheme for those who live with long term health conditions. This includes tailored programmes to support people become more active within their daily life.
Castle Leisure Centre also works with various groups to provide sporting activities from indoor bowling and boccia to table tennis, general games and activities.
A wide range of accessible classes are available to cater to all levels of fitness and ability. Members benefit from subsidised membership and activity costs, and are also able to make use of our fully accessible gym and facilities.
Finally, there are left and right hand address toilets on both floors, accessible by the lift up to the first floor, where you will find a great café and refreshment area for all to relax in after exercising.
Areas assessed for Quest include policy and procedures, customer service, promotions and marketing, health and safety, cleanliness and the programme of activities. Staff and customers are interviewed as part of the evaluation which also involves an external assessment and a mystery visit.
- Three wheelchair accessible swimming pools
- Ramped access for wheelchair users
- Poolside wheelchair
- Changing room track hoist and adjustable bed
- Inclusive Fitness Initiative accredited accessible gym equipment
- Removable chairs on resistance machines for wheelchair users
- Large 10 badminton courts, multi-sports hall
- Spinning studio
- Two aerobic studios
- Two meeting rooms for hire
- Cafe for light meals and drinks
- Free parking with disabled parking spaces
- Automatic doors
- Large print leaflets available upon request
- Visual fire alarms
- Easy arm and push taps, dryers and sanitary bins
- Accessible parking and drop off points are located near to the main entrance.
- Easy access ramp and walkways with tactile paving and handrails.
Accredited by Quest as Good until December 2021