General Election 2019: Manifesto asks
Disabled people are twice as likely to be inactive. At Activity Alliance, we believe that everybody has the right to be active. The 12 December General Election is a perfect opportunity for political parties to commit to giving disabled people the same opportunities to live full and active lives.
Activity Alliance is determined to ensure that there is an increased policy focus on disabled people’s inclusion in sport and active recreation. Since we formed as a charity more than 20 years ago, we have helped to deliver significant change. But there is much still to do and never has there been a better time to make the step change that disabled people need to see.
Our manifesto asks are:
- Boost cross-department government collaboration
- Make sport and leisure bodies responsible
- Address disabled people’s fears of losing benefits
- Ensure collaboration for greater health and wellbeing outcomes
- Inspire future generations through inclusive PE and school sport
We sent these asks to all party leaders and are raising awareness across our communication channels. Please show your support and join us in calling for change.
How you can help
Contact your local General Election candidates to ask if they will support Activity Alliance's Manifesto.
- You can find your local candidates’ details on this website with your postcode.
- Back the asks on social media. Tag Activity Alliance in your posts and link to Activity Alliance manifesto.
- Ask your candidates to pledge to support the asks if they are elected into Parliament on 12 December.
Social media post example:
Hi @candidateX I’m one of your voters in [name constituency]. Please would you pledge your support for @AllForActivity Manifesto if you are elected? Ensure more disabled people in our area can be active. Read the five Manifesto Asks here [the link is http://www.activityalliance.org.uk/news/5418-our-manifesto-asks-for-an-inclusive-active-nation ]
Email example you could send:
As one of your voters, I am passionate about ensuring disabled people can have equal access to sport and activity opportunities. Activity Alliance has produced a Manifesto and I would urge you to support if you are elected into Parliament on the 12 December. You can read it on their website.
I look forward to hearing from you and confirming you will pledge to support the Manifesto if you are elected as my MP. You can also add your pledge by emailing Andy Reed on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance
Please contact our team if you wish to discuss the asks. Email email@example.com or call 01509 227750.