Senior Disability Manager (Maternity Cover)
- Sport England
- £37,336 p.a. (London), £33,256 p.a. (National)
- Closing Date
- 28 November 2018
The role will have responsibility for leading on several relationships with key partners to influence these stakeholders in relation to the delivery of our disability ambitions as set out within our strategy. You will also be responsible for overseeing some of our existing disability investment programmes, ensuring these have the greatest impact possible and increase the number of people engaged in sport and physical activity.
Flexible location. Maternity cover - up to 12 months
Under the direction of the Head of Disability in the Tackling Inactivity Directorate, the post-holder will focus on developing and managing projects and relationships which deliver against our objectives in getting more disabled people physically active.
Provide advice, support and challenge to a range of partners and colleagues to deliver Sport England’s objectives in getting more disabled people physically active.
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience of working in disability and an understanding of the challenges in this field.
- Proven experience in a disability related project or programme design and evaluation
- Previous experience of managing successful programmes and monitoring the performance of partners and/or the impact of programmes.
- Significant previous experience of managing relationships with external partners and advocating successfully on behalf of the organisation to influence the delivery of services.
- Strong organisational, research and analysis skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex messages.
- Previous experience of working within a politically sensitive environment.
- Strong influencing skills with proven success at influencing at a senior level.
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Practical knowledge of a formal project management methodology and proven ability of applying this.