Chair, Badminton England
- Badminton England
- Closing Date
- 20 February 2019
- United Kingdom
Badminton England is searching for an inspiring, motivated Chair, to provide outstanding leadership and play a vital role in supporting and inspiring the next phase of the development of badminton in England.
Badminton England is one of the leading governing bodies of sport in England. It has grown the sport to be the fifth biggest participation sport in England, it owns the All England Open Badminton Championships – the greatest and most prestigious Open Championships in the world and a grand slam tournament that reaches a global audience of 250 million annually.
The term of the current Chair comes to an end in June 2019 and Badminton England is searching for an inspiring, motivated Chair, to provide outstanding leadership and play a vital role in supporting and inspiring the next phase of the development of badminton in England.
With the terms of several Directors also coming to an end in June 2019, Badminton England are running a parallel recruitment process to recruit to those positions and will be seeking to appoint the Chair in the first instance as he/she will be a critical part of those appointments.
The Chair is expected to meet the following criteria in order to make a positive and meaningful contribution to the organisation:
- Integrity: High ethical standards
- Sound judgement: Willingness to challenge
- Leadership: Ability to gain respect and attention
- Critical thinking: Creativity, strategic awareness, taking a wider view
- Business acumen: Ability to identify new opportunities, embrace change, innovate
- Assimilation: Rapidly able to absorb new information, especially financial and statistical information
- Determination: Strong drive to be successful
- Political astuteness: Diplomatic. Aware of the possible implications of messages being conveyed
- Learning: Willing to learn and develop self. Learning from mistakes rather than being intimidated by them
- Primary legal responsibilities: Understanding of and compliance with the legal responsibilities of being a Board member
- Commitment: To attending Board meetings and participation in relevant debates. Willingness to take on subsidiary Board activities as a Chair or Board of Directors member. Prepared to use their skills, knowledge and experience as a mentor as and when required.
For a list of main tasks, duties and responsibilities please go to the Sports Recruitment website.
How to apply
SRi is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm focused on sport, media, content, and technology. To apply please submit a CV and cover note outlining your relevant experience and reason for application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications should be submitted by Wednesday 20th February 2019.