Board Director, Badminton England
- Badminton England
- Closing Date
- 20 February 2019
- United Kingdom
Badminton England, one of the leading governing bodies of sport in England, is seeking a Board Director.
The Board Director is expected to meet the following criteria in order to make a positive and meaningful contribution to the organisation.
- Integrity: High ethical standards
- Sound judgement: Willingness to challenge
- Leadership: Ability to gain respect and attention
- Critical thinking: Creativity, strategic awareness, taking a wider view
- Business acumen: Ability to identify new opportunities, embrace change, innovate
- Assimilation: Rapidly able to absorb new information, especially financial and statistical information
- Determination: Strong drive to be successful
- Political astuteness: Diplomatic. Aware of the possible implications of messages being conveyed
- Learning: Willing to learn and develop self. Learning from mistakes rather than being intimidated by them
- Primary legal responsibilities: Understanding of and compliance with the legal responsibilities of being a Board member
- Commitment: To attending Board meetings and participation in relevant debates. Willingness to take on subsidiary Board activities as a Chair or Board of Directors member. Prepared to use their skills, knowledge and experience as a mentor as and when required.
For a list of main tasks, duties and responsibilities please go to the Sports Recruitment website.
How to apply
SRi is a boutique global executive search and consulting firm focused on sport, media, content, and technology. To apply please submit a CV and cover note outlining your relevant experience and reason for application to email@example.com.
All applications should be submitted by Wednesday 20th February 2019.