Digital Marketing Officer
- Sport and Recreation Alliance
- £22,000 - £27,000 per annum plus paid holiday
- Closing Date
- 24 February 2019
- Interview Date
- 06 March 2019
Sport and Recreation Alliance is looking for a creative marketeer with a knack for creating engaging content to inspire action for a range of audiences. You’ll be working within a highly-focused small team with responsibility for promoting the organisation, the activities of our members, the benefits of membership, our corporate partners and campaigns across our website and other digital channels. This includes delivering and measuring the performance of all of our digital output and keeping our content, relevant and lively.
This is a broad and collaborative role responsible for internal and external communications and marketing activity so you will work closely with the Communications and Engagement manager, Media Communications officer, and the Events officer. The successful candidate will play a key role in keeping the Alliance’s messaging up to date and on target and work closely with the Membership Development officer to clearly demonstrate the value of membership to recruit, retain and engage with members.
You will help set and deliver our marketing plans across all channels and also lead on the coordination of publishing projects – therefore some experience of managing a creative design (digital and print) process is important.
This a busy role and represents a really good chance to learn and make your mark. The environment is very positive and fun as you would expect in a sporting organisation, but we work hard.
• Writing, commissioning and editing content – from newsletters to social media content as part of integrated marketing communications and campaigns across all our channels; • Managing social media feeds, providing analysis on performance and making recommendations to improve through research and testing; • Managing the website, keeping it up to date with relevant content to support the organisation’s activities and measuring its effectiveness using Google Analytics; • Production of compelling imagery that reflects our brand and drives traffic to our website, including infographics that communicate key information that reflect our objectives; • Joining meetings and playing a part in making the decisions which shape the Alliance’s plans around communications and marketing. This includes developing and delivering a content plan for our digital channels that supports the communications strategy. • Working closely with Policy, Governance and Corporate Services teams to create and promote activities, tools, resources, case studies and impact stories that share lessons, and best practice models. • General administrative duties as required. • Any other duties as reasonably required. Person Specification Essential Skills • Strong, lively writing and editing skills with an excellent command of grammar and English • Ability to write for different audiences • Must be comfortable using CMS and CRM systems • Experience of planning and managing marketing campaigns and communications across digital channels • Excellent understanding of current digital marketing technologies and production tools • Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle tasks • Good team player ethos, willing to get ‘stuck-in’ • Excellent understanding of social and digital media • Ability to see the big picture and know ‘what’ to say as opposed to just ‘how’ to say it • Personable and able to establish relationships quickly
• Proven experience in a digital communications and website development • Experience of promoting products and services of an organisation • Used to creating content for multiple audiences and understanding how to adjust the messages to fit • Experience of managing social media channels and making sure all activity supports the communications strategy and produces engaging digital conversations • Experience in producing engaging and persuasive content for print and digital publications and channels
• Internal communications in a membership organisation • Graphic design and basic web design • An active and keen interest in sport and recreation and the issues which affect the sector • An interest in politics • Experience of developing a content strategy • Experience of managing external agencies
How to apply
For full details of the position and an application form, please visit the website. Email email@example.com or write to Alex Wilkinson, Human Resources, Sport and Recreation Alliance, Burwood House, 14-16 Caxton Street, London, SW1H 0QT. An application form and an equal opportunities form must be completed. Please also include a CV.