- World Disability Billiards and Snooker Ltd (WDBS)
- The role is non-remunerated with reasonable expenses being reimbursed
- Closing Date
- 21 July 2019
The World Disability Billiards and Snooker Board is responsible for developing strategy and steering the structure of WDBS tournaments.
The Board meets approximately four times a year. A;; board members are expected to provide strategic leadership, insight and guidance into how WDBS can deliver meaningful competition and excellent experiences for disabled participants in snooker and billiards.
A background in one or more of the following areas would be of particular interest:
- Experience of the disability sport sector, either competing or organising disability sport events at a national level.
- An understanding of how sport should be delivered to have a positive impact on every participant.
- Excellent communication skills
- Attend Board meetings and report back on matters arising if required
- When required attend WDBS tournaments and support operational delivery of events.
- Contribute to decision making when necessary
- Passionate about the development of disability sport and a strong commitment to work towards the development of sustainable opportunities for disabled people to take part in sport and physical activity
Time commitment: 10 – 20 days per annum, which may include attendance at weekend tournaments when required.
How to apply
To apply, candidates should send the following:
- A letter of application highlighting relevant experience and why you would like to be considered for the position
- An up-to-date CV
The closing date for all applications is 6pm, Sunday 21st July 2019.
For a summary of the responsibilities for this role, or a confidential discussion about the position please email Chris Hornby, WPBSA Company Secretary and Sport Development Manager, or call 0117 317 8204.