Business Support Manager
- Boccia England
- Closing Date
- 09 July 2019
- Interview Date
- 17 July 2019
Boccia England is a registered charity and the National Governing Body (NGB) for boccia in England. We are recruiting a Business Support Manager to our small staff team on an initial 12-month contract to cover maternity leave. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for managing the corporate service function of the organisation, including office management, board support, and financial and HR administration.
Boccia England is a registered charity and the National Governing Body (NGB) for boccia in England. We are responsible for all aspects of the sport in England from beginner to expert, providing for all levels of participation and are dedicated to improving the physical and emotional well-being of children and adults with disabilities through boccia. We are recruiting a Business Support Manager to our small staff team on an initial 12-month contract to cover maternity leave. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for managing the corporate service function of the organisation, including office management, board support, and financial and HR administration. As Business Support Manager, your key duties will be:
• Administration, including maintaining databases, running reports, membership administration, email correspondence and coordinating recruitment and appraisal processes.
• Office management including landlord and supplier liaison, website management, maintaining policies and procedures and overseeing communications.
• Finance and budget management including administering the monthly payroll and pension via third parties, and assisting the CEO with the outsourced finance management contract.
• Board and Committee support including collating Board papers, minute taking and Board liaison
• Line management of the Team Administrator We are looking for an individual with financial knowledge who excels at and enjoys working across a variety of work areas and who has:
• Experience of working across a range of functions or sectors • Good minute-taking skills with an understanding of Boards and Committees, ideally having previous experience supporting them
• Excellent administration and MS Office skills
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to analyse data
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Ability to work on their own initiative We want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to our charity and will bring new ideas and insight. It’s an exciting position in a friendly and supportive working environment. We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and with disabilities. Further information about Boccia England can be found on our website https://www.bocciaengland.org.uk/job-opportunities
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant knowledge and experience, and what you could bring to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to Head of Business Support, Boccia England, Media House, Padge Road, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2RS. Boccia England is fully committed to the principles of the equality of opportunity. It is responsible for ensuring that no job applicant, employee or volunteer receives less favourable treatment, on the grounds of age, colour, disability, ethnic minority, parental or marital status, nationality, religious belief, gender, social status or sexual preference, than any other.