- England Golf
- Closing Date
- 17 July 2019
- Interview Date
- 29 July 2019
- Woodhall Spa, LN10 6PU
England Golf is looking for a Press Officer to join our busy Marketing and Communications team who will act as the main point of contact for all press and media. You’ll support the Marketing and Communications Director in covering England Golf activity and engaging journalists and producers around our key campaigns.
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- + Pension, 33 days annual leave (includes bank holidays and company days)
England Golf needs someone who can copywrite and edit corporate publications in our tone of voice and produce scripts and speeches, when required. You’ll manage all media relations and press enquiries and be the trusted first point of contact for all external media enquiries.
You will also cover press and social media for our England Teams’ performances and day-by-day coverage of play at our championships:
• exceptional copywriting and news writing skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy • the ability to be both proactive and reactive in media situations • prior experience of writing accurate, engaging, high quality PR material • experience of working in a press or PR capacity • knowledge and experience of PR and email software platforms • experience of utilising social media channels for PR • the ability to build strong relationships with journalists • a good working knowledge of, and passion for golf.
The post is full-time (Monday – Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm core hours). However, you will need to be prepared to travel and work evenings and weekends on occasion, as necessary.
The position is based at England Golf Headquarters, The National Golf Centre, The Broadway, Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, LN10 6PU. The values are being honest, inclusive, responsible, excellent and supportive.
How to apply
For further information please visit the website, and to apply. Please complete and return the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form (no CVs please) for the attention of Human Resources.
- Closing date for applications: Wednesday 17th July 2019 at 11:00am
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Interviews take place: 29th July 2019 at Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire England Golf is an equal opportunities employer and disability confident committed.