- England & Wales Cricket Board
- Closing Date
- 23 August 2019
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
The new Performance Director will inspire and drive a world leading performance cuture across the organisation. They will work with the Managing Director – England Men’s Cricket, England Head Coach, Selectors, Head of Science, Medicine and Innovation, and County Directors of Cricket to ensure that all of our programmes are helping us, deliver successful, respected and inspiring, England players and teams.
This is a strategic leadership role with responsibility for ensuring effective collaboration with partners and driving innovation.
Main responsibilites include:
- Drive collaboration between the ECB and the counties to ensure that our best young players are able to successfully bridge the gap between county and international cricket and are fully prepared from a technical, mental and tactical perspective.
- Manage the roles and responsibilities of our Elite coaches and liaise with the MD England Cricket and England Head Coach on the requirements of the England Men’s Team.
- Line manage the Young Lions head coach and ensure they have the support to deliver an effective and successful U19 programme.
- Manage the talent ID process to ensure that we are identifying and developing the right players for our England teams and programmes.
- Direct the development and delivery of fully individualised player programmes (IPP’s) and personal development plans (PDP’s) for our England, Lions, Young Lions and other targeted cricketers.
- Establish and deliver summer and winter programmes that support the development of our players and teams.
- Work with the Head of Science, Medicine and Innovation on delivering a joined up and professional approach for all of our players and programmes.
- Work with the Head of Coach development to ensure that our England Coaches, at all levels, are provided with the best personal development support.
- Manage and direct the National Cricket Performance Centre (NCPC) staff and activities at the centre, including its use by county clubs.
- Ensure that we work within department budgets and operate as efficiently as possible.
Visit ECB career page for more detailed information about this role.
How to apply
Recruitment for this position is being managed by ECB's recruitment partner SRi. All initial contact and enquiries should be directed to them.
To register your interest in this role candidates should sent the following to SRi using email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of application highlighting relevant experience
- Up to date curriculum vitae
For a confidential discussion about the role, please call 0207 092 6950.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23 August 2019.