Independent Non-Executive Chair
- Basketball England
- Expenses paid
- Closing Date
- 20 March 2020
- United Kingdom
Basketball England is recruiting an Independent Non-Executive Chair.
Basketball England is seeking to recruit a new Chair to lead them through a period of growth and development.
Key responsibilities and skills required:
- To provide leadership to the sport and to the Board, ensuring the effective management of governance and oversight processes, whilst adopting a strategic approach to increasing basketball participation and development.
- To act as a thought leader for the sport in England, overseeing the further development of commercial income.
- To chair the board meetings, get the best from the board members and the CEO, creating the conditions for a high performing governing body and a successful sport.
- Galvanise key and wider stakeholders so the collective contribute to the game brings basketball to the forefront of the nation.
50% of meetings are at the head office in Manchester, the remainder are held across the regions.
Candidates for the position should be able to demonstrate experience of board leadership, possess a customer-led approach and a passion for sport.
You will need to have the ability to develop and nurture relationships with various stakeholder groups and should act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner.
There is a stipend payable with the position, with the time expectation in the region of two days a month.
Term of appointment:
- A period of three years with the opportunity for this to be extended for a second 3-year term.
Around two days a month, plus major event attendance. There are six Board meetings and a Board planning and review day per year (each one day in duration). The locations vary between the Basketball England offices in Manchester and chosen locations across the regions.
Applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, colour, sex, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or sexual orientation.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Daryl Mason via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Friday 20 March 2020.