- Badminton England
- Closing Date
- 13 August 2020
- Interview Date
- 25 August 2020
Badminton England is seeking passionate badminton players, coaches, volunteers or organisers to join the Board of Directors.
Are you a badminton player, coach, club or county volunteer, technical official or tournament organiser?
Badminton England is recruiting for a new director who has the skills and experience to contribute to the future growth and success of badminton in England.
Your experience will include some or all of the following key areas of badminton development. You will:
- Know the pathways and structures within English badminton, including participation, coach learning and development and competition
- Have proven experience in identifying and developing players and coaches
- Be a volunteer, an organiser involved in running a successful club, county or tournament or a technical official
- Be passionate about wanting and contributing to growth and success.
You will have other relevant skills and expertise. You will:
- Provide strategic insight and guidance to ensure that Badminton England achieves future growth and success
- Have proven leadership experience, or a thirst to learn, in order to understand the need for Badminton England to adopt the highest standards of corporate governance
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a variety of situations
- Contribute to Board discussions candidly and with tact and diplomacy, take a forward-looking approach and balance the traditions of badminton with a commercial outlook.
Elected Directors are voluntary positions and while the appointment will be made entirely on merit based on skills and experience, Badminton England strongly encourages and welcomes expressions of interest from candidates from the BAME community or who have a disability, where there is currently under-representation on the Board.
The time commitment is expected to be approximately 10 - 15 days per annum, mainly involved in Board meetings at the National Badminton Centre in Milton Keynes.
How to apply
Candidates should submit a covering letter and setting out the specific skills and experience they would bring to the role.
Submissions are to be completed online by visiting the Badminton England website and selecting our careers page.
All submissions to be received no later than Thursday 13 August 2020. Interviews to be held on Tuesdays 25 August and 1 September 2020.