Head Coach at Berkshire Banshees Wheelchair Rugby Club (BBWRC)
- Berkshire Banshees Wheelchair Rugby Club
- To be discussed
- Head Coach
- Closing Date
- 28 March 2021
- Reading, Berkshire
Berkshire Banshees Wheelchair Rugby Club (BBWRC) is looking for a new Head Coach to lead the coaching team and deliver wheelchair rugby specific coached sessions at training and provide knowledge and support to all players within the club.
Head coach responsibilities:
- Greet new players and make them feel welcome
- Ensure all players feel part of the club
- Create a welcoming environment
- Ensure sessions are tailored to meet the needs of the whole group, and that all players are benefiting from the session
- Ensure training sessions are inclusive of all who attend
- Plan specific Wheelchair Rugby coached sessions
- Ensure court is safe and clear of obstructions prior to the sessions starting
- Deliver specific wheelchair rugby sessions at training
- Teach the fundamentals of wheelchair rugby to all
- Coach wheelchair Rugby demonstrations at events
- Create activities and drills to be used within training that will improve the team’s wheelchair rugby skills
- Manage/officiate conditioned games during training sessions
- Support the team during events and competitions
- Create and implement the teams’ tactics for competition
The role is subject to a cleared DBS check. It is a paid position, details to be discussed on an individual basis.
The club is looking for someone who has played the game at the top level and has current coaching experience or desire to take up coaching. ideal candidate will have already attained the following coaching awards: Wheelchair Rugby Level 1 Activators, Level 2 Wheelchair Rugby Training.
How to apply
For more information about this role and details on how to apply, please contact Craig Hunter via email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 28 March.