- British Cycling
- Closing Date
- 21 April 2021
- The National Cycling Centre, Manchester
British Cycling is one of the world’s most successful sports governing bodies. From winning Olympic and Paralympic gold medals to inspiring almost two million people to ride their bikes regularly, they are committed to making cycling the number one sport and activity of choice in Britain.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is forward thinking and a strong team player, to join a well established, hardworking and dedicated team at British Cycling. You will be proactive and solutions focussed and have demonstrable ability of working efficiently and at pace when required.
- To support the Finance Director with the development and implementation of the financial plans which are focused on delivering the strategic objectives of British Cycling.
- Work with Finance Director, in the modelling of activity, income and expenditure, in relation to complex business case developments and funding proposals, both internal and external to the organisation. To challenge assumptions with relevant individuals and be responsible for ensuring that financial modelling is robust, accurate and in line with overall organisational objectives, assessing risks and identifying risk mitigating actions as required.
- Developing financial reporting processes to provide the Executive Leadership Team with information required to monitor financial targets set within the organisations strategy
- Be responsible for annual financial budgets, ensuring that they are allocated effectively for the delivery of intended outcomes in a manner which demonstrates value for money
- Lead and manage the performance of the team, creating an environment where people are clear of what is expected of them and have the performance feedback and support that they need to continuously improve.
- Manage relationship with external auditors to facilitate a smooth year end audit process
- Review and update in line with best practice the organisation’s internal financial procedures and controls and maintain the Financial Procedures Manual
- Ensure all work streams and projects are compliant with the organisation’s equality policy and commitment to inclusivity and its values are embedded into the actions and behaviours of the team.
British Cycling strives to become a more diverse and inclusive employer. They actively encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. They believe diversity drives innovation and strive to build an inclusive culture at all levels of the organisation, where colleagues can learn, develop and thrive.
How to apply
For more information about this role including a full job description and details on how to apply, please visit the British Cycling website.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 21 April 2021. (The application window may be closed prior to this date subject to the volume of applications received.)