Inclusive Fitness Initiative
The Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) has been established for many years, supporting leisure centres to become more welcoming and accessible environments to disabled people. Achieving the ‘IFI Mark’ gym accreditation is key in addressing inequality in physical activity as it enables leisure facilities to reach inactive populations and raise awareness of the benefits of exercise to get more disabled people physically active.
The Inclusive Fitness Initiative (IFI) has been established for many years, supporting leisure centres to become more welcoming and accessible environments to disabled people. Facilities across the country have been awarded the IFI Mark Accreditation. It helps leisure facilities to get more disable people physically active
From 1 July 2017 we, in partnership with Quest, the sport and leisure industry's leading quality scheme, are working together so more disable people can enjoy active recreation. The partnership will ensure more leisure operators access helpful information to include more disabled people and maximise marketing potential.
Inclusive Fitness encourages changes within facilities in the following elements:
- Workforce Development
- Accessible Venue
- Policies and procedures
- Insight and Marketing
- Partnerships and collaboration
- Programming and participation
- Impact and outcomes
For more information about becoming an IFI Mark facility through Quest, or via standalone assessment, please contact Paula Kearney at Right Directions or call 01582 840098.
- If you are a disabled person looking for an inclusive gym nearby, you can visit our facility search here
- If you are looking for staff training information, visit our customer service training section here and fitness instructor training
- If you are looking for fitness equipment information visit our equipment page