Get Healthy, Get into Sport
Sport England is launching a pilot scheme called Get Healthy Get into Sport. It will look at how sport can best contribute to improving health and increase weekly participation by people who are least active.
Voluntary clubs can apply, but be warned that you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Either in-house expert evaluation support or evidence of strong relationships with academic providers through previous delivery;
- An understanding of the needs of health & wellbeing boards, clinical commissioning groups and other public health commissioning bodies as well as their emerging priorities;
- Evidence of previous work targeted towards reducing health inequalities; and
- Strong local partnerships that will ensure that any project developed meets the needs of future deliverers and is sustainable within a local delivery mode.
- Grants will be between £30,001 and £500,000, with the larger amount going to ‘exceptional’ projects.
First stage is to complete an expressions of interest form from the website; successful bidders will then be supported in developing their applications through the next stages.
Deadline: 5.00 26 October 2012
Contact: Sport England
Telephone: 08458 508 508 Email Website