Volunteers celebrated in The FA & McDonald’s Grassroots Football Award
The full list of winners of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards is now complete, with worthy volunteers from across the country receiving recognition in 12 categories for their inspirational efforts in the local community.
Oliver Miller from Cerebral Palsy United was one of the well-deserved winners, receiving the 2020 Bobby Moore Award. Tony Mitchell, who coaches Winsford’s Junior Disability Team, received the Grassroots Coach of the Year (Youth) Award.
The FA & McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards annually celebrate the efforts of volunteers across England who go the extra mile to support their local communities. Now in its eleventh year, The FA & McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards saw a record amount of entries in 2020. Both Oliver and Tony join a long list of inspirational grassroots football heroes who have been recognised by the awards programme.
Following receipt of a record 4,761 nominations, The FA worked alongside respective County FAs to select local winners. The list of recipients was then deliberated upon by a judging panel and the full list of national winners from the 12 award categories can now be revealed in full, below:
- Grassroots Coach of the Year for Adults: Farouk Menia (London FA)
- Grassroots Coach of the Year for Youth: Tony Mitchell (Cheshire FA)
- Grounds Team of the Year: Paul Wade – Orpington FC (Kent FA)
- Grassroots Club of the Year: Sandbach United (Cheshire FA)
- Volunteer of the Year: Tony Pratt (Middlesex FA)
- Rising Star of the Year: Elsa Jones (Middlesex FA)
- We Only Do Positive Respect: Harefield United U16 (Middlesex FA)
- Grassroots Project of the Year: Diversity Football (Oxfordshire FA)
- Grassroots Match Official of the Year: Ella Broad (Wiltshire FA)
- Grassroots League of the Year: Herts Senior County League (Hertfordshire FA)
- Football Restaurant of the Year: Newhaven McDonald’s, Easts Sussex
- Bobby Moore Award: Oliver Miller (Manchester FA)
To find out more about all of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Award winners for 2020, visit The FA webiste.