Take on the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon for Activity Alliance
- 3 October
- £30 registration fee
- Take part in the Virgin Money London Marathon your way, run, walk or jog, on Sunday 3 October 2021
Take on the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon for Activity Alliance and raise money to support our vision - fairness for disabled people in sport and activity.
London Marathon Events have confirmed the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon will return this year. Activity Alliance is inviting you to run the London Marathon your way, joining up to 50,000 runners up and down the UK, and around the world.
The 2021 Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon will take place on Sunday 3 October. You can choose to run, walk or jog and you will have 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds (from 00:00 to 23:59:59 BST) to complete the 26.2 miles.
On the same day, a record 50,000 participants will run from Blackheath to The Mall in the traditional mass-participation Virgin Money London Marathon - making the 2021 event set to be the biggest marathon ever staged anywhere in the world, with an incredible 100,000 runners scheduled to take part.
Activity Alliance has 24 fundraising places available for the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon. Individual fundraising target is £250 and there is a registration fee of £30.
If you would like to take part in the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon and raise money for Activity Alliance, email our fundraising team or call Jannine Walker, National Events Manager on 07725 273158.
More information for fundraisers:
All Activity Alliance runners will receive:
- An Activity Alliance branded running vest
- Training and coaching advice, social media group support
- Plenty of fundraising support, ideas and guidance
Virgin Money London Marathon will also provide a special tracking app for your smart phone to log your 26.2 miles. The app will also provide you with exclusive audio commentary and ultimately earn the coveted Virgin Money London Marathon finisher medal and New Balance finisher T-shirt.
Creative ideas for your virtual marathon
Taking part in the Virtual Virgin Money London Marathon, your way, also means you can be creative with the challenge that lies ahead!
- Being dropped 26.2 miles from home and running back to a hero’s welcome
- Completing each mile with a different running buddy, sharing the challenge with friends and family
- Getting together with a group of friends to walk the 26.2 miles together
- Creating a unique course that visits the homes of friends and family so they can set up outdoor drinks stations for a refuel and catch-up over an energy bar.
Points to note:
- Entrants must be 18 or over on Sunday 3 October 2021
- All 26.2 miles must be completed on Sunday 3 October 2021
- The 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon virtual event is not held on closed roads
- Participants need to observe the current government guidance on social distancing during the event
- The 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon app, powered by TCS, requires the participant to enable GPS to track their 26.2 miles
- Tracking information will be used to produce the individual certificate unique to the participant
- Runners are responsible for their own nutrition and hydration during the event
- All participants will be asked to upload proof of their time and official results will be published
Visit the Virgin Money London Marathon website for comprehensive lists of FAQs for participants.