Chief Executive Officer
- Activity Alliance
- Circa £85,000
- 22 August 2022
- Manchester, Loughborough, hybrid and remote considered
- Full/Part time
- Full time
Activity Alliance is looking for a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who can lead the charity into an exciting new phase.
Activity Alliance is looking for a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who can lead the charity into an exciting new phase. This is following the charity’s recent selection as a Sport England system partner for the next 5 years.
Our new CEO will also raise our profile as the national charity and leading voice for disabled people in sport and activity.
Activity Alliance strives for inclusion to be at the heart of all plans in sport and activity and disabled people to be prioritised, locally and nationally. As a membership organisation, we work with many amazing organisations, groups, and individuals, and are at the centre of influential programmes for disabled people. Our teams work across various specialisms driving change in disability, inclusion and sport.
Our vision is fairness for disabled people in sport and activity. Our goal is to close this fairness gap between disabled people's level of inactivity and that of non-disabled people.
Role: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Activity Alliance
Salary: circa £85,000
Contract: permanent, full-time
Location: Loughborough or Manchester. Hybrid and remote working is available.
As well as a clear commitment to our vision and goals, and amongst other criteria, our new CEO will demonstrate:
- Evidence of successfully leading and managing organisations or divisions within large organisations.
- Experience of managing performance and delivery to ensure that strategic objectives of the organisation are met.
- Significant track record of instigating and implementing sustainable change.
- Evidence of the ability to think strategically, taking a vision and objectives and delivering through an organisation.
- Extensive track record of improving the reputation of an organisation by representing it in media, networking, creating partnerships and working effectively with stakeholders.
- Evidence of working effectively with a Board providing appropriate advice and developing effective reporting mechanisms.
- Evidence of developing a team-oriented culture across an organisation, ensuring organisation wide thinking as well as team and role responsibility.
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate. As a disabled people led organisation, Activity Alliance especially welcomes applications from disabled people and/or people with long-term health conditions.
CEO recruitment information - British Sign Language
How to apply
All reasonable adjustments will be made throughout the recruitment process and following appointment to the role for people who need them.
If you would like to receive an information pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at email@example.com.
For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny on her email address with your preferred contact details, and suitable times to chat.