East Midlands Physical Activity and Mental Health Network
As part of our continued partnership with mental health charity Mind, Activity Alliance is delighted to be the lead organisation for the new East Midlands Physical Activity and Mental Health Network. One of nine new regional hubs created to help more people with mental health problems to engage in physical activity.
We know that being physically active is not only good for our hearts - it is also good for our heads. Yet, many disabled people and people with mental health problems face barriers to getting active.
Activity Alliance is delighted to lead the new East Midlands Physical Activity and Mental Health Network. With support from Mind and Sport England, the Network will bring together local organisations from across the sport, physical activity and mental health sectors to improve levels of mental health awareness.
Activity Alliance is the Hub (lead organisation) for the East Midlands Regional Network. We are committed to creating a powerful and supportive network that will tackle mental health stigmas and enable more people to enjoy the benefits of an active lifestyle.
Role of the East Midlands Physical Activity and Mental Health Network
- Promote and share Mind's training opportunities, toolkits and resources on mental health awareness
- Provide a platform for networking and sharing better practice across the region
- Engage and support a minimum of 70 sport, physical activity and mental health organisations in the region
- Upskill 160 individuals (e.g. staff, coaches and volunteers) in Mind's mental health awareness for sport and physical activity training
- Host a minimum of four face-to-face meetings/events and two virtual networking opportunities for organisations
- Share relevant information and updates from Mind to the Network
Activity Alliance will act as the main point of contact for the Network and coordinate it's activities. The Network is funded by Mind until March 2021.
Join the Network
Want to connect with like-minded organisations and improve opportunities for disabled people and people with mental health problems to be active in the East Midlands?
If your organisation would like to join the East Midlands Physical Activity and Mental Health Network, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Activity Alliance on 01509 227750.