Activity Alliance is the new name for the English Federation of Disability Sport. We are the same team working towards the same goals, but with a new image.
September 2018 marks 20 years since we became a national charity and we are proud of our success so far. We work with so many amazing people and are at the centre of influential world-renowned programmes for disabled people. We believe the time is right for us to embrace change, engage new audiences and ensure our brand promise matches our ambition.
Activity Alliance brings our members, partners and disabled people together to make active lives possible. Collectively, we continue to challenge perceptions and change the reality of disability, inclusion and sport.
Our vision: Disabled people are active for life
Our purpose: Making active lives possible by enabling organisations to support individual disabled people to be active and stay active for life.
Outcomes: We see two broad (wider than sport) outcomes which will result from increased participation in sport and physical activity by disabled people:
- Enhanced health and wellbeing for all disabled people.
- A more equal society in which disabled people can achieve more through increased opportunities and choice.
Equality and Diversity statement: We will continue to build towards a culture that is diverse and inclusive that recognises and develops the potential of all stakeholders.
We recognise the business benefits and opportunities of having a diverse community of Board members and staff who value one another and realise the contribution they can make to achieving our vision.
We are committed to equality and diversity in all its activities promoting inclusive processes, practices and culture in line with the equality principles set out in the Equality Act 2010.
- You can download our equality and diversity statement here. Access all our governance documents here.
- You can read about our work and current strategy here.
- As an Alliance founded in 1998, we benefit from the wealth of its Members’ expertise.
- We work closely with many organisations. This includes Sport England, the National Disability Sport Organisations (NDSOs) for specific impairment groups and National Governing Bodies (NGBs) of sport. We also work with regional, coaching and education networks, including the County Sports Partnerships, clubs and schools. You can find out more about our Members and other partners here.
Find out more about us and how we are making active lives possible.
We work with local and national partners to increase the number of opportunities for disabled people.
Founded in 1998, we benefit from the wealth of its Members’ expertise.
We believe in having strong governance as it assists us to achieve our ambitious vision.
Read our latest impact and annual reports as well as accounts online
Our staff, Board and advocates work hard to bring our strategies to life.
Contact us if you would like to book one of our representatives.