Hartsdown Leisure Centre
- Hartsdown Park, Hartsdown Road, Margate, CT9 5QY
- 01843 226221
Hartsdown Leisure Centre is more than just a leisure centre it acts a community hub for all aspects of the local community. Recently invested £1.5 million on significant upgrades to fitness, sports hall, changing room and soft play features. Hartsdown Leisure Centre really is one of the top leisure and sport destinations in Thanet and Kent.
Centre facilities include:
- A fully accessible 25m x 6 lane swimming pool
- A separate warmer learner pool
- Both pools are accessible via sloping stairs or hoist system
- A viewing area reserved for customers with mobility impairments
- A 70 station gym with fully inclusive options for a full workout and all the latest Technogym equipment
- A free admission policy for carers to assist customers with additional support needs to access our services (t&cs apply)
- An extensive Group Exercise programme which is the largest of its kind in Thanet focuses on five core concepts ensuring a holistic approach to exercise. Strength, Cardio, Mind and Body, Cardio and Strength and Live Better (Over50) cover all aspect of improved fitness
- Three storey soft play structure with built in toddler section
- Four court sports hall available for booking badminton, football, netball and table tennis
- Extensive Swim School Programme for adults and children
- Gymnastics courses for children
Weekly activities for disabled customers:
- Disability Group Exercise class on a Wednesday 1-2pm
- Kent Karate (NAKMAS) specialist Karate class for children with Autism Fridays 5pm to 6pm
- Indoor Curling with Get Out Get Active programme on Wednesdays 10am to 12noon.
- Disability Swim Sessions on the 1st Saturday of every month 5.30pm to 7.30pm (check for availability)
- The Hub run by KCC as a day care centre for residence with learning disabilities
- Sensory Room, available for use. Booking required
The front facing team have taken part in Disability Confidence training facilitated by Disability Rights UK. The training focussed on helping the team to develop the skills and confidence they need to make our customers visits a welcoming and relaxing experience.
The Leisure instructor team have completed Sainsburys Inclusive Community’s Training delivered by Activity Alliance. The training explored ways of adapting sports sessions to ensure they were inclusive for all.
Deaf Friendly Swimming Teachers and coaches from Your Leisure’s swim school and Thanet swim club took part in a 3 hour workshop with the aim of ensuring that young deaf people are fully included in swimming activities.
Fitness instructors are all Level 2 qualified and work towards their Level 3 qualification as part of their continuous professional development. They also have a Level 4 Exercise Referral Practitioner who is an expert in exercise prescription for customer with complex health issues.
Accredited by Quest as good until August 2020