Basildon Sporting Village
- Cranes Farm Road, Basildon, SS14 3GR
- 01268 722450
The aim is to provide a welcoming environment for people from all backgrounds and circumstances. Committed to inclusive sport, the centre seeks to provide a positive experience for anyone facing barriers to participation.
Basildon Sporting Village is home to a variety of sports facilities including:
- 100 Station Gym – With cardio and resistance areas that feature the most modern TechnoGym equipment, a free weights area, two functional areas and a team of friendly Fitness Motivators and Personal Trainers, we’re well equipped to achieve all of your fitness goals
- Swimming Pools – Our competitions standard 50m, eight lane swimming pool is a flexible space for swimmers of all ages and abilities to enjoy. It can be converted into 2 x 25m pools, and there’s our teaching tool too. We’re an ideal place to learn to swim on our Award Winning Swim Scheme
- Sports Hall – From Badminton to Basketball, Volleyball, Netball and Table Tennis, our 8 court sports hall is available to hire for a whole host of activities
- Group Exercise Studios – Choose from our range of Group Exercise Classes
- Crèche – Leave your kids to have fun with us whilst you exercise
- Café – Enjoy a variety of food and drink in our café
The Sporting Village has:
- Automatic doors
- A lift to the first floor
- Accessible toilet and changing facilities including a Changing Places Changing Room
- Accessible Parking
- Hearing Loop
- 2 x Pool Hoists
Everyone Active, who manage Basildon Sporting Village, work in partnership with Sport for Confidence to provide a weekly sport and physical activity programme at the centre. The programme is led by occupational therapists and sports coaches, and has proven success in engaging disabled people and long term health conditions.
A number of activities are available through the programme which include running, trampolining, boccia, multi Sports, curling, netball, community swim, aqua aerobics and tennis. There is a range of walking sports on offer and an exercise referral programme.
Accredited by Quest as Excellent until April 2020