Engagement and partnerships
We have a team of Advisors to support local and national work. The Engagement Advisors cover nine regions across England. Along with our National Advisors, they support key strategic partners, including Active Partnerships and National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs). Our work enables these partners to be more effective in supporting disabled people to be active.
The team has five main areas of work:
Improving routes to market: We support the disability and sports sectors to increase their connections with disabled people, charities, local disability sports groups and third sector disability support agencies etc. By creating resources that identify key contact points, we provide the expertise to reach more disabled people.
Create and support networks: We organise and chair national briefing sessions as well as regional disability sport and physical activity forums.
Facilitate joint approaches: We develop national and regional engagement days for the sport and non-sport (disability) sector.
Providing strategic support: We work with the sport and non-sport (disability) sectors and offer resources, workshops and awareness of opportunities.
Self-assessment and improvement: We develop and deliver the LEAD (Leading Equitable and Accessible Delivery) self-assessment improvement toolkit. This is designed to help sports sector partners to become more effective in delivering sport with disabled people and organisations.
Contact our engagement team
Our engagement and partnerships team is:
- Ray Ashley – Head of Engagement
- Jess Cook – National Partnerships Advisor
- Dawn Hughes – National Engagement Advisor (leisure)
- Tom Webster – North East / North West Engagement Advisor
- Mark Fosbrook – West Midlands Engagement Advisor
- Catherine Slater – East Midlands / Yorkshire Engagement Advisor
- Nicola File – East / South East Engagement Advisor (in post until November 2019)
- Helen Newberry – South West Engagement Advisor
- Andy Dalby-Welsh – Deputy Chief Executive covers the strategic relationship for London