Developing inclusive leaders in Haringey (Feb 2023)
This research was conducted by Activity Alliance through their Get Out Get Active programme in partnership with Haringey Council. It looked at the key qualities and skills of deliverers and leaders in Haringey.
The research explored how to create an inclusive environment for disabled participants and deliverers. It also looked to identify key ways to support more disabled people in the physical activity workforce.
The project was based in Haringey in London, however the findings are suitable to other areas. We reviewed previous research, conducted surveys with deliverers and participants, interviewed local leaders and deliverers, observed sessions in action, and held two co-production workshops with Haringey Council activity deliverers, and disabled people to develop the recommendations and supporting resources.
The aims of this project were to:
- Understand the qualities, behaviours, and attitudes of key deliverers and community leaders in Haringey.
- Explore how these, and other factors, can create an inclusive environment for disabled participants and deliverers.
- Determine how Haringey Council can encourage the development of inclusive environments, and identify, promote, and support future inclusive leaders.
Download ‘Developing inclusive leaders in Haringey’ research report documents here:
- Developing inclusive leaders in Haringey executive summary.
- Developing inclusive leaders in Haringey full research report.
- Developing inclusive leaders in Haringey inclusive workforce practices.
For more information about the research please contact our team. Email the research team or call 01509 227750.
Photo credit: Haringey Shed.