Inclusive Activity Programme (IAP)
Our CIMPSA accredited Inclusive Activity Programme will equip you with the skills to engage disabled people and people with long-term health conditions more effectively in physical activity.
The Inclusive Activity Programme (IAP) is a low-cost development opportunity which will upskill you, your employees, and volunteers on how to make activities fun and inclusive for everyone. It is ideal for the sport and leisure sector, community groups and organisations, disability organisations, and individuals supporting disabled people and people with long-term health conditions.
What does the programme involve?
The Inclusive Activity Programme provides a comprehensive package of learning opportunities. Each designed to support you to make physical activity more inclusive for disabled people. Through the learning package, you will:
- Learn about practical tools to support inclusive delivery of physical activity
- Understand how to apply Activity Alliance's Ten Principles in your work
- Access resources to support your activity sessions
- Gain four CIMSPA CPD points
- Find out about local groups, organisations, and further training opportunities.
Who is it for?
The programme is a great opportunity for everyone. But we believe it can be particularly valuable for people in these sectors:
- Sport and leisure e.g. paid and volunteer deliverers, activators, leaders, parents etc.
- Community groups and organisations e.g. housing associations, youth groups and holiday clubs etc.
- Disability organisations and individuals supporting disabled people and people with long term health conditions e.g. Disabled People’s organisations, support workers, physiotherapists and occupational therapists etc.
- Education sector e.g. teachers, teaching assistants, lecturers, young leaders and external activity providers.
What will you learn?
The programme has been designed to support you to make physical activity more inclusive for disabled people. The learning package will help you:
- Understand how to apply a range of tools to make your activities more inclusive.
- Increase your confidence and competence to include disabled people in your activities.
- Reflect on your current delivery and identify how you can improve fairness for disabled people in sport and activity.
- Access further support, training and opportunities for yourself and disabled people you work with.