Engagement and partnerships
We have a team of Strategic Partnership Advisors to support local and national work. They support key partners, including Active Partnerships and National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs). Our work enables these partners to be more effective in supporting disabled people to be active.
The team has five main areas of work:
Improving routes to market: We support the disability and sports sectors to increase their connections with disabled people, charities, local disability sports groups and third sector disability support agencies etc. By creating resources that identify key contact points, we provide the expertise to reach more disabled people.
Create and support networks: We organise and chair national briefing sessions as well as regional disability sport and physical activity forums.
Facilitate joint approaches: We develop national and regional engagement days for the sport and non-sport (disability) sector.
Providing strategic support: We work with the sport and non-sport (disability) sectors and offer resources, workshops and awareness of opportunities.
Self-assessment and improvement: We develop and deliver the Leading Inclusion Workshop. This is designed to help sports sector partners to become more effective in delivering sport with disabled people and organisations.
Our partnerships team is:
- Ray Ashley – Director of Partnerships
- Catherine Slater – Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Jess Cook – Strategic Partnership Advisor (East)
- Paul Downes - Strategic Partnership Advisor (Yorkshire and Humber)
- Nicola File – Strategic Partnership Advisor (South East)
- Lorraine Harris – Strategic Partnership Advisor (South West)
- Dawn Hughes – Strategic Partnership Advisor (East Midlands)
- Andrew Whitaker – Strategic Partnership Advisor (North region including North East and North West)
All our Advisors' contact details are in our team pages