Inclusive Activity Programme online training
All face-to-face Inclusive Activity Programme workshops have been stopped due to COVID-19. In response, Activity Alliance and delivery partner, UK Coaching, have developed two online learning opportunities.
Disabled people including those with long-term health conditions are the least active group in society, and inequalities are widening further during the pandemic. Now, more than ever, it is important that organisations and individuals continue to access this specialist training.
New eLearning Inclusive Activity Programme Module offers a fun and interactive introduction to making physical activity inclusive and accessible to everyone. It is ideal for healthcare professionals, sports coaches, volunteers and community leaders. Kick-start your development before attending one of our live online classroom sessions (see details below,) or a face-to-face workshop in the future.
Key module features:
- Learn independently, complete the module in your own time
- Interactive activities throughout, including videos from disabled people about their experiences of being active
- Opportunities to test your knowledge
- Free to access (for a limited time)
The modules takes approximately 1 hour to complete. You can complete it at your own pace and take regular breaks throughout. For the best experience, we recommend using a desktop computer or laptop. Internet access is required. To ensure the training is accessible to as many people as possible, it includes voice-over, video captions and screen reader accessibility features.
Live online classrooms
Our Inclusive Activity Programme online classrooms offer a live and interactive learning experience. Similar to our face-to-face workshops, each online session is led by one of our expert inclusion tutors. You will learn about the key principles of delivering inclusive activities and how to make your sessions fun and enjoyable for everyone!
During the class you will:
- Understand how to make your sessions more inclusive and how to adapt activities using the STEP tool and Activity Inclusion Model.
- Learn about how you can support disabled people to be more active by embedding Activity Alliance’s Ten Principles in your work.
- Access additional resources to support your sessions and learn about further training opportunities.
Upcoming open online classroom dates:
- Thursday 15 July 2021, 6:00-8:30pm - spaces available
- Saturday 31 July 2021, 10:30am-1:00pm - spaces available
Price: £15 per learner for a limited time only. (The programme is funded through Sport England’s National Lottery fund. Regular price £30 per learner).
Online classrooms are hosted by UK Coaching, using Cisco Webex software. The session will run for two hours. You will need access to the internet and a suitable device to take part e.g. mobile phone, tablet, PC or laptop.
Webex software has several built-in digital accessibility features to ensure all classes are accessible to widest audience possible. To discuss your accessibility requirements or additional support prior to booking on a class, please email email@example.com or call 0845 601 3054.
Online classrooms are available for individual and group bookings. Each classroom will be small group size of 6-12 learners. Individuals can book a place on an open classroom, please see available dates below. For group bookings we will arrange a suitable time with you to host a bespoke classroom.